Post Your Yard Sale
Looking for where to advertise your yard sale? Take your estate and yard sale advertising to the next level with Yard Sale Radar! Save time, save money, and be seen nationwide when you post your yard sale online today!
Yard Sale Advertising 101: What Should I Put in My Listing?
Most people searching our yard sales listings are:
- Looking for something specific
- Love the thrill of the hunt
- Just want to get out, enjoy some fresh air, and interact with people
This means that when you post your yard sale, you have to meet the expectations of all three groups:
- To catch the interest of the people who are looking for something specific, mention your items for sale that have the highest utility or value. High-value utility items can be used by many different people on a day-to-day basis and include pieces like televisions, furniture, tables, lamps, and dishes.
- To catch the interest of hobbyist yard sale hunters, the most effective yard sale advertising should talk about your highly unique items. For instance, rare books, CDs, jewelry, and old antiques are all fantastic items to mention in your yard sale posting!
- To catch the interest of people who are mainly there for a good time, use an upbeat, welcoming tone in your ad and invite people to come say “hello.” These folks might not have it in mind to buy anything at first, but if you can get them to show up with the help of some friendly advertising, they’ll often come away with a little something.
To advertise your sale successfully, your listing should also include the specifics such as your location, date of your sale, and hours you’ll be available. A few clean, well-lit photos also go a long way!
Post Your Sale on Yard Sale Radar Now!
A yard sale itself is a lot of hard work, but yard sale advertising doesn’t have to be! Check out our yard sale tips & tricks before posting your sale, or find yard sales near you to see what other sellers are posting in their listings! You can also check out the Yard Sale Radar blog.